Monday, January 6, 2014

Taste of Summer Smoothie


I am just a little bit obsessed with Green Smoothies. I'll take them any time of day, any place and with loads and loads of greens.  Even my fussy little guy is a tad obsessed too, asking me to make them for him too!  (Yay)

Green smoothies pack a real nutrition punch and are a fabulous way to get some more greens into your day, I know I feel a whole lot better when I have had my smoothie. Everything just seems to work better. Give it a go and see the difference!

This particular one is our new favourite combination.  Perfect in the warmer weather,  it speaks of summer holidays by the beach,  if only Melbourne would provide us a glimpse of some warmth.  A 30 degree day  will  be  around the corner soon enough and I know I will be drinking this gem.

You will need 

1/2  small pineapple - chopped
1 mango cheek
4-6 Strawberries
1 cucumber, rinsed and peeled (if not organic)
1 zucchini, rinsed and peeled
Large handful of baby Spinach
2-4 Kale leaves (I have more, but start slowly if you are new as the flavour is quite intense)
1 half  avocado
1tbs  chia seeds
330ml Coconut Water
1/2 cup spring water

What to do 

(Add any super foods as you please - think Hemp Seeds, Bee Pollen, Spirulina, Maca Powder. The choice is all yours!)

Throw all the ingredients in a blender and whizz until nice and smooth, add any more water if desired, depending on the consistency.

And there you have it, summer in a smoothie.

I hope you like it as much as we do.

What is your favourite smoothie combination?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my post! It means the world to me.

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS